I was honoured to be asked to contribute to the House & Leisure December 2012 Christmas gift guide. I have been looking at the gift guides since I was a teen at Uni, in awe. It always seemed such a ‘grown up’ thing to be asked your personal gift recommendations for the people you love. I thought my list was quite simple; you’ll find items across price points here.
Now, I’ve been thoroughly spoilt this year, so I don’t expect more than a good book for Christmas. I will certainly be giving number 16 on the list below, didn’t quite make the article, but I urge you to join me in this one.
Let me know what items you’d love to give or receive this year….you are allowed to include ‘lust list’ items too!
This was my original list:
Christmas Gifts for Him, Her and Myself
1. Napkins from Skinny Laminx http://shop.skinnylaminx.com/
2. Wooden Kitchen Island Pierre Cronje http://www.pierrecronje.co.za/
3. Up-cycled vintage spoon bracelet from Helen Design http://www.etsy.com/listing/
4. I.O Shen Chinese Vegetable Knife from Yuppie Chef http://www.yuppiechef.co.za/
5. Ottolenghi’s Jerusalem http://www.wordsworth.co.za/
6. The Food Traveler’s Handbook by Jodi Ettenberg http://www.amazon.com/Food-
7. Copper pots by Mauviel http://www.chefswarehouse.co.
8. A hamper of Kiehl’s products The Creme de Corps (plus mousse version), Midnight Recovery serum, Body wash in Coriander and Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner http://liveoutloud.co.za/
9. Set of Campo Marzio leather journals http://shop.campomarziodesign.
10. Weekend away Hartford House or Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse in Kwa Zulu Natal – price on request. Would suggest weekend away for two, dinners and spa treatments at former and horse riding added to latter.
11. Jorgensen’s Distillery limited ed Naartjie & Bay liqueurs, plus Gin and Absinthe: from R120http://www.jd7.co.za/products.
12. Black Diamond earrings from Lorraine Efune – price on request http://www.lorraineefune.com/
13. Entrepo – Stack of Krenit bowls by Herbert Krenchel from R299
14. Entrepo – Set of 2 Quake Crumple Mugs R699.95
15. Gift of a weekly Vegetable box for x months from Ethical Co-Op or Harvest of Hope: http://www.ethical.org.
16. A donation on behalf of my mother and my husband’s mother to another mom struggling to feed her children, made to the World Food Programme : https://www.wfp.org/