It’s no secret, I will be hosting a Spier Secret Dinner this Saturday along with a number of talented food personalities. I have a wonderful cast of friends on board, so while I can not give you any details about what’s planned (the secret part) I can share with you some of their mug shots….scroll down. Pretty lot, eh?
Furthermore, and close to my heart, this year’s festival is associated with the Peninsula Scheme Feeding Association (web site being updated) which feeds school children in need across the Western Cape. You can not teach a hungry child, and we hope to raise awareness for them and encourage attendees to ‘adopt’ a child for R370, for an entire year. Very doable.
** Illustration and animation by Mary-Jane Oliver
Produced by One.Dog.Chicken Productions
The conference ticket for this weekend goes to Megan Raymond.
The set of tickets to the Saturday Market goes to Tania Horne.
Congratulations and enjoy!
- You could win a ticket to the weekend conference of food inspiration from Saturday 27 October to Sunday 28 October 2012 at Spier Wine Estate worth R1500!
- Also up for grabs two tickets to the market on Saturday, worth R70 each.
This is what the organisers say the Spier Secret Festival entails:
“The Secret Festival is a weekend event from 27-28 October at Spier exploring the latest in food and wine trends. Secrets of all kind will be revealed — from secret ingredients and family recipes to South Africa’s best-kept wine secret,Chenin Blanc. The festival includes art installations, talks, presentations, workshops, tastings, unforgettable meals, Secret Home Dinners, a Saturday food and wine market, mini cookbook fair and Sunday braai-off.
Saturday’s Secret Food and Wine Market is open to both ticket holders and the public. The market has been curated by Yang Zhao and Jade de Waal. Tickets are R70 for adults and include a wine glass and five Spier wine tasting vouchers (strictly over 18’s only). Kids under 18 pay R40 to enter and kids under 12 enter free. The market will be open from 10:00 — 16:00. Just follow the signs to the SECRET FOOD AND WINE MARKET when you arrive at Spier. Tickets can be booked at Computicket or at the SECRET MARKET TICKET OFFICE on the day.
The market will offer a wide variety of food, treats, home-baked goods plus lots of games and activities for young and old. We have tons of surprises lined up – from toffee apple trees to miniature ponies and helium-filled hippos. Don’t miss any of the fun. “
For more information, please visit: http://www.
Want to Win?
Share you favourite food and wine pairing in a comment in no more than 4 sentences. Simple.
1. One entry on the blog, per person. The conference is in Stellenbosch this Saturday, so keep this in mind.
2. If you have not liked the Food and Fabulous FaceBook page yet please have a visit here.
3. Leave a comment on this post, mention you liked the Food and the Fabulous and the Toffie Pop FB page, with your FB user name.
4. Tweet this for an additional entry (you can enter as many times as you wish via twitter, just include my handle and hashtag so that I can trace it)
“RT WIN A ticket worth R1500 to the @SpierSecret Food Festival with @Foodandthefab I entered here: http://bit.ly/TFwNE0 #winSpierFood ” or
“RT WIN 2 tickets to the @SpierSecret Market with @Foodandthefab I entered here:http://bit.ly/TFwNE0 #winSpierMarket “
5. Competition will be open until Friday, 26 October 2012 at 11 30 am.
6. Winners will be elected via a random draw.
7. The Fab Kitchen’s decision will be final!
Hope you will be at my Secret Dinner!